Blue Mountains Local Services
Blue Mountains ArticlesGenerally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Blue Mountains site Articles, Login to create your Ads, Articles and Events in any Australian Town or City.
Got something to say? A Great Strategy is to create your content here first and THEN like it to your Social Media Groups. Get it?
Blue Mountains Photo GalleryA Compilation of network Member Photos tagged in Blue Mountains When you ad your Articles, Ads and Events you can Nominate your Photo to appear in a Gallery. Member Photo's will automatically Backlink to your Website or Social Media Services. Generally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Photos and may click through to visit your Business or Community website. A Strategy to boost visitors to your website or service is to write Great Article and include your Photos in a Gallery
Singles and Dating
Blue Mountains Singles and DatingThe Make a Heart service is being developed by the Australian Regional Network for Blue Mountains Residents, you can also try our other Dating Services on this link for 18-25's and Seniors Dating 50+
Blue Mountains ChatRemember the days of the CB Radio? Not many do.. Old Style Chat Rooms accross your Town, State and Nationally.. A Free Service for Blue Mountains and a Place to Meet
The bluemountains.guide Odd Spot
Interesting facts about Blue Mountains
Interesting Facts about Blue Mountains in New South Wales, Australia
- Blue Mountains is a beautiful region located in New South Wales, Australia. It is named after its blue-hued mountains that are visible from a distance. The region is spread across an area of approximately 11,400 square kilometers.
- The Blue Mountains National Park is one of the most popular attractions in this region. It features ancient sandstone cliffs, deep gorges, waterfalls, and diverse flora and fauna. The park spans across 247,000 hectares of land and is home to over 400 bird species.
- The Three sisters rock formation is a famous landmark in the Blue Mountains. Legend has it that the rock formation represents three sisters who were turned into stone by a witch doctor to protect them from harm.
- The Blue Mountains region has a rich history of indigenous Australian culture. The Darug people were the traditional owners of this land and their heritage is celebrated through various art forms, music, dance, and storytelling.
- The Blue Mountains is a popular destination for adventure sports such as hiking, rock climbing, abseiling, and canyoning. The Katoomba town is a hub for adventure activities.
- The scenic Blue Mountains railway line is a major attraction in this region. It was constructed in the 1860s and connects the towns of Katoomba and Lithgow. The railway line passes through 10 tunnels, over 20 viaducts and takes you through stunning scenery.
- The Blue Mountains region is also famous for its food and wine. The area is home to many wineries, breweries, and restaurants that offer a variety of cuisines and locally produced wines and beers.
- The Blue Mountains is an inspirational spot for many artists, writers, and creatives. It has been a source of inspiration for Australian poets, artists, and writers including Henry Lawson, Banjo Paterson, and Norman Lindsay.
- The Blue Mountains region experiences a temperate climate with average temperatures ranging from 8°C in winter to 22°C in summer. It receives annual rainfall of approximately 1,426 mm.